Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Move Is . . . Going

We will be out of Germany in less than 3 weeks.  Our car was dropped off for shipping today and the movers will be coming next week to haul away our stuff.  By the 18th everything will be packed up and gone and by the 21st we should be out of our house completely.  It makes me so sad to think we'll be leaving this amazing place; it's been and absolutely fantastic 4 years and I am so glad I got to have this experience.   I find myself jealous of the people I worked with at Service Credit Union that are here on their own and not because of the military.  Some moved specifically for the job, some found it while they were here doing other things.  I envy them though that they still have this ahead of them and there is no ending in sight. 

Las Vegas is going to be a new adventure and I am slowly beginning to look forward to it.  It will be nice to have all the conveniences of the States again. Not to mention the proximity to family and friends.  Our traveling days are not over, just put on hold for a bit.  The hubs and I were talking that we do need to see more of our own country so we may spend a few trips doing just that. Exploring our own backyard and seeing what there is out there.  I know I am looking forward to planning another trip to NYC and to Seattle. Especially Seattle since I want to go to a Mariners game.  Guess we could go to L.A. for that, but that's not any fun :).

Anyway, that's what's on my mind right now, just thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment