Thursday, January 5, 2012

Connections

It never ceases to amaze me the types of connections people can make.  I was talking to someone today and happened to mention some mundane item in passing and it actually started up a meaningful conversation.  Next thing I know we're sharing painful memories with each other and I'm on the verge of tears.  We had both been through similar horrific incidents in our lives and are trying to move past and move on.  She, unfortunately, seems to have had it much worse than I ever did but I believe we share the same heartache.  I'm not saying we're best friends now or anything of the sort but it's nice knowing someone, personally - not electronically, that has been through the same thing I have.  I am having a hard time trying not to make this sounds prosaic and ridiculous but suffice to say that I was caught off guard in a good way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment