Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Pretty Wife

This is my oh so pretty wife.  I miss her so. 

My classy bestest good friend.
I've been listening to Anne of Green Gables on audio book and there was a note passed to Anne in school that made me think of her so I've been spouting it off all over the place.
When twilight drops her curtain down
and pins it with a star,
Remember that you have a friend
though she may wander far.
Made me think about how she'll be on the other side of the world from me but how we'll always be friends.  I won't let her get away, Ha ha. 


I have lots of good memories with her.  We spent lots of time just hanging out, mostly at her house, and watched Good Eats and Paula Deen.  Anything on Food Network really, that's our channel. I don't think I could watch anything on it without thinking of her.  Also our little rendezvous in the park at lunch.  We'd try to coordinate our lunch times and spend lunch together talking and enjoying the summer sunshine in the park.  Well, she'd enjoy the sun.  I'd have to sit in the shade because I'm flammable.

I am nervous and excited for her to be moving to Japan.  I'm so happy she gets to have a wonderful funzy experience but I also know how nerve wracking it is moving to a new country ("Have you no compassion for my nerves? he he). 

Anyway, this is dedicated to her and our special friendship.  I love you devotedly my bosom friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment