Monday, October 19, 2009

Our Final Farewell

Yesterday was our last big get together with family. My mom threw us a huge party at her house and the entire family was invited and most of them showed up. We made 4 huge pans of lasagna on Saturday to feed the thundering herd. Anyone who has cooked for a Mtn Home PMEL gathering can attest that it might barely feed everyone. Somehow we ended up with more than 2 full pans left over. Sheesh. But it was fantastic to see everyone and it made me cry when they all left.

My cousin Tootie took a ton of pictures at the party. We got both sides of our family in pictures and got some really great shots of everyone (Thanks again Tootie!!! I love you!)Since my computer is halfway to Germany by now the pictures I keep trying to upload don't work right so once I get them on my computer I will post them as soon as I can.
We leave on Thursday morning to drive to Seattle and I'm looking forward to it but not at the same time. I hate the thought of saying goodbye to my family but I'm still really excited to see Germany and start this great experience. Sometimes it makes me feel guilty but I know I really have no reason to. But enough moaning and groaning for now. I will post again as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment