Tuesday, January 25, 2011

So My Birthday's Coming Up . . .

And I'm gonna escape to Paris. 


That's right, I'm going to run away and go spend my birthday weekend in Paris.  We were only there for 2 days with my parents when they came out last year and this time we'll be there for 4 days.  I told the husband that I kind of wanted him to plan some stuff so I think he's working on it. He suggested going to catch a show at the Moulin Rouge. At first I was kind of iffy about it but the more I think about it the more fun it sounds.






There are still tons of things we didn't get to do the last time we were there.  I want to spend more time in the Louvre and see the Reaissance section.  Seeing the Eiffel Tower all lit up and night would be really awesome too.  This website has a bunch of ideas and you can book tickets online so I've been browsing there fairly often just to get some more ideas. 




Of course we're also going to go to the Hard Rock Cafe since we didn't make it there last time.  When we were in London we signed up for their "All Access" pass that gets us discounts and puts us at the head of lines when there's a lot of people waiting to get in and in looking at the spot in Paris that will come in very handy.  Other than that I'm not quite sure what all is planned.  DisneyLand Paris had been thrown out there as an idea. We can take a train from Paris all the way to the front gates (basically) of the park. It's about an hour train ride so not too horrible.  I personally think it would be kind of fun.  Although I would really like to go to Versaille, too.  Choices, choices. 

I still can't believe how lucky I am that I can just decide to up and go to Paris to celebrate my 30th Birthday. Since I have no friends or family in the area I can't think of a better way to ring in a new decade in my life. Although, I'd give up this trip in a heartbeat if I could spend the weekend with my 2 best friends, my sisters and my mom.  C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment