Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm done with snow.

By now I was hoping to have a post up about our wonderful trip to the Mosel area of Germany where we were to have had a wine tasting tour and traditional German meal. No such luck. You see, the Air Force and the weather both conspired against us. First, there was an exercise from Jan 25 thru Feb 2. Our trip was planned for Jan 30. Normally no big deal except that they made David work the weekend. So since our trip was scheduled to begin at 8 am and he got off work at 6 am we had to cancel. Completely bummed me out. I've been kind of housebound lately because we only have one car so I was really looking forward to getting out of the house. As it was, we got hit with a huge storm that week too so we might not have been able to go anyway. We booked the tour through the USO and we got credit to use the amount we paid for the tour towards another tour within 6 months. The good news is they do that particular tour about once a month so we still have an opportunity to go in the next few months.
See?? This is where we were supposed to have gone. Although it wouldn't have looked like this being in the middle of winter and all, you get the idea. Anyway, this weekend we're going on a Rhine River cruise for Valentine's Day. We get to go on a tour of a castle, a short cruise down the Rhine and then have a romantic 3 course dinner. I'm very much looking forward to it. David is too; he says he's got cabin fever but hopefully he got rid of that when he went snowboarding last weekend. :)

Pictures to come next week of our Valentine's Day fun!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I hope you get to go next time though! Germany is so beautiful. I wish we could come visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could too :) It would be fun to have someone that we know with us that's been here before. Plus you could take me to find that yummy lemon drink Terry was always making fun of you for. ;)

    ReplyDelete